The Cuba Circulating Library, a member of the Southern Tier Library System, in Cuba, New York is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the position of Library Director. Wages are commensurate with experience.
The Library Director (LD) is a full time position including evenings and occasional Saturdays.
- Supervising a staff of four part-time workers and various volunteers
- Collection development, circulation, library programming for adults, and informational services including managing reference questions and technology concerns
- Liaising with various community organizations
- Promoting library services in the community
- Participate in advocacy on the local, county, and state level
- Grant writing and procurement of funds
- Participate in continuing education and collaboration offered through the Southern Tier Library System and other professional library organizations
- Press releases and weekly columns for local newspapers
- Maintaining the library facility
- Reports to the Cuba Circulating Library Board of Trustees
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferable. A minimum of five years of public library experience requested.
Review of application will begin June 5, 2018 and continue until the position is filled. Please submit cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Cuba@stls.org. In the subject line of your email, please reference “Hiring Committee, Library Director” The Cuba Circulating Library is an equal opportunity employer.
Youth Services Coordinator
The Cuba Circulating Library, a member of the Southern Tier Library System, in Cuba, New York is seeking a dynamic individual to fill the position of Youth Services Coordinator. Wages are commensurate with experience.
The Youth Services Coordinator (YSC) is a part-time position, working 25-32 hours per week, arranging and facilitating programming for children and teens in a very active library. Customer service to our children and their caregivers is a vital component of this position. The YSC plans and teaches weekly story hours and arranges for and hosts youth and family programs. This person must have knowledge of, and experience with, children and children’s literature. The YSC manages (reviewing, selecting, ordering, weeding and maintaining) the children’s book and multi-media collection. This position also requires a familiarity with computers, social media, gaming, and the many activities that might be possible or enhanced using today’s technology. The YSC works on assigned projects to promote interactive, creative, educational experiences for the public, and performs related duties as assigned by the Library Director.
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Childhood Studies, Education, Library Science or a related field and have experience working with youth ages birth-18.
Review of applications will begin May 21, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a minimum of three letters of recommendation to Cuba@stls.org. In the subject line of your email, please reference “Hiring Committee, Youth Services Coordinator.”
The Cuba Circulating Library is an equal opportunity employer.