Do you love books and love helping people? The Cuba Circulating Library has been an essential provider of free books, information, ideas, and education to the Cuba community for almost 150 years. As a Library Page you will do that and much more. We are looking for a candidate that demonstrates a strong work ethic, is reliable, and possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will be expected to be an ambassador for the library, so a friendly demeanor goes a long way.
The Library Page position is scheduled for 16 hours per week, including evenings and Saturdays. Schedules are variable based on library needs and may be subject to change.
Under the direction of a Library Assistant, Library Pages are responsible for a variety of tasks within the library, including:
- Retrieving and shelving books and materials
- Shelf reading and helping maintain the organization and general appearance of the library
- Providing basic assistance to patrons on the use of computers and other technology or software, including one on one tech appointments.
- Preparing the library for opening and/or closing by performing such assignments as rearranging/straightening chairs and tables, picking up materials for shelving, and replenishing depleted supplies.
- Photocopying, faxing, and scanning work
- Assisting with library programs and outreach initiatives
- Create book displays
- Circulation duties, including checking patrons in and out, renewing books, etc.
- Maintain fish tank.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain and foster cooperative and courteous working relationships
- Must demonstrate strong attention to detail, speed and accuracy in carrying out duties
- Ability to sort efficiently in alphabetic, numeric, or alphanumeric order
- Strong computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, the internet, and e-mail programs
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team and on independent projects
- Demonstrated flexibility and reliability
- Customer service experience preferred
Application Deadline: Saturday, November 30, 2019